Wednesday 13 May 2009

so, i have realised that i only ever seem to blog on the days that are particually good or bad. and i shouldnt do this, i should blog from time to time on the more mundane days. just for a change.

and way, today started not the best. i forgot my wallet. entirely my fault i know, but i didnt have enough change in my pocket to get all the way to work, and i only realised this when i was getting onto the bus. so i paid the £2.20 i had, and could get from Etwall to Stretton, i then got off and walked the next 50 minutes to work in the rain. this sucked. i mean i am a great lover of the rain, but not so much today. it was cold and miserable. about half way through my work, the memeory card in my phone decided to die, so there wasn't even any music for me to listen to to endure the walk. so i arrived at the office wet and miserable, i then planned for a club, only to find out as i finished, it was cancelled. i then did some dull paper work. then had lunch, i then went to an afterschool club, and this was kinda fun.

i then went back to rachel and dan's house.
i ate.
i cleaned.
i read stories.
i built a sofa.
i listened to music.
i talked.
we then had bible study on Matthew 10. which is all about god sending out his Disciples into the world to go to begin to preach his message to the people.
a couple of bits stuck out to me while i was reading...

1. Matthew 10:19-20 " When you are arrested, don’t worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time. For it is not you who will be speaking—it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." this really made me think, sometimes i am so quick to want to know all the right things to say at the right times, way before the moment arrives, but i need to relax more, step back from a situation, and think, God has this in control, he knows what to say, and he will say it through me when the time is right.

2. Matthew 10:34 "
Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword." sometimes, i think people (and i do include myself in this from time to time) are very quick to judge Jesus and God as overly 'lovey - dovey' and not really as a powerful force to be reaconed with. but in fact, he is. ha. and i think that from time to time i need to remember that.

that is all..

byee!

No comments: